Special order items must be pre-paid at time of purchaseShipping, if applicable, will be billed separately.
- Special Order Only!
- Please allow 12 - 14 business days for delivery!
This propane fired furnace can smelt ore concentrates, fire assay, melt pure metals, old jewelry... it can do it all and in larger quantities.
Quiet, too. Included in your deluxe kit will be a custom USA built precision machined bi-metal brass tipped Propane Burner, along with everything you need to get started except propane and your ore or precious metals.
The KK-8 is constructed of a stainless steel tension adjustable jacket, surrounding alumina silicate refractory insulation that comprises the interior of the kiln. The refractory insulation has an operating temperature rating of 2300° F.
We offer the only sectional kiln that allows for easy removal of the crucible before pouring. The liner of the kiln is constructed in a layered and stacked configuration and is less susceptible to cracking from thermal expansion and contraction, as each layer can expand or contract separately.
Another feature of the layered and modular design is that individual sections of the kiln liner can be replaced at a fraction of the cost of replacing the whole liner, in the event of a serious spill or boil over of the crucible. Instruction Manual included.
- Model name: KK-8
- Height: 11”
- Width: 8” Diameter
- Chamber: 5” Diameter x 5” Tall
- Weight: 10 lb
- Propane Fired (Do not use Mapp Gas)
- Stainless Steel exterior
- Alumina Silica Refractory interior rated for up to 2300F
- Modular design – provides easier access & removal of crucible from chamber for pouring.
- Olympic Analog Pyrometer
- Custom made 160,000 BTU Bi-Metal Burner with stand
- 6” hose with 30psi regulator and needle valve
- A2 Clay Graphite Salamander Crucible
- Graphite Double Conical Pouring Mold
- 18" Crucible Tongs
- GPK Premium Black Gold Flux 4 pounds
- Liner Maintenance Kit
- Instruction Manual & DVD
All prices are in Canadian funds and do not include tax and/or shipping ( if applicable )
This product was added to our catalog on Wednesday 27 May, 2015.